Tuesday, October 26, 2010

LOVE LESSONS FROM KIM KARDASHIAN




I’ve had my crazy moments like any girl. Honestly, I might have a couple more then the average but my point is… I definitely can comment when a woman has made the same mistake.

Sunday night on Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Kim Kardashian put Reggie Bush on blast by not only playing their phone conversation in front of her friends and family but she played it for the whole world. Reggie pleaded with her about getting back together and seeing her with a new dude in the media was “driving him crazy”. I don’t know why I am surprised when she came to be a celebrity by a sex tape but airing the conversation was just not classy!

I’m sure she thought she was going to show him, let everyone know how much he wanted to get back with her but really she played herself in the end. Not only should every man she dates be terrified of all his business being on TV but the only way to really show someone how much you still obviously care is to dedicate a whole episode about moving on when it’s really still about him. She left nothing up to the imagination. If Reggie had any question about how much she really liked the guy she was dating, now he knows the whole time she was still thinking about him.

One thing that I have learned over and over again in break ups (but can’t seem to remember when I am going through them) is at the end they all come down to positions of power. Who is happier? Who is moving on quicker? No one likes to admit it but when a relationship ends it’s all about ego. If you have the opportunity to question what they are doing without you. The ego gets bruised and you start to wonder, was I ever special to them? If Reggie Bush had any real questions about if Kim really did like this Miles guy now he knows her dating an athlete was not about getting over him but purely about getting back at him.

Ladies, Ladies… When it comes to relationships- and especially break ups - we can’t lay out all our cards! The best revenge is silence. The best signal of moving on is indifference. I don’t know Reggie or Kim but what I do know is in this business the only way to stay sane is to keep your close and personal relationships sacred. The more you put on blast, the more you need to run for cover. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am humbled by this. I am obsessed with Kim and Reggie being together and I was upset when they broke up. I follow the show and I can't get enough of how the producers make it look like it's all about family. It did look like they had a tit for tat argument. Moreover, Kim blogged about her and Reggie being friends and that she didn't put him on blast. However, after seeing the episode, I thought she disrespected him by sharing with her friends and playing on it by laughing. Sure enough, Reggie tweeted, "Don't Make Me Expose You to Those Who Don't Know You (Jay Z Subliminal Tweet" After that, it wasn't hard to tell, it was mean and if the love overpowered ego, they perhaps could have made it work. I am sure there were more problems than we knew but, I like what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Muse,

    This piece really spoke to me. I think u hit the nail on the head when you said "when a relationship ends its all about ego". I'm battling with this now. Asking myself the same questions you listed above.

    It's hard to see someone you loved move on, even if you know you guys are better apart. And I don't know anyone who is particularly fond of feeling vulnerable. But when we get in a serious relationship with someone, we open ourselves up to that. I agree with you. I think in this case Kim was wrong for putting Reggie out there like that. Exploiting his vulnerability for her ego and personal gain.

    At the same time, i don't feel too sorry for him. When you're dating someone in the spot light, someone with their own reality TV show, you can't expect discretion, especially when it comes to drama. The camera loves that.

    great piece.

    ReplyDelete