Monday, April 19, 2010

30 don't feel like 20

I woke up at 9 am this morning. Not good. Even though technically it's alright since I am freelance but it just throws my whole day off. I've missed my workout and now I got to speed through work to catch up on the missed time. Usually, I need about 6 hours of asleep and I'm good but this weekend, I went out every night and it's become apparent, I ain't young like I use to be. Even though at 31 a lot of folks would consider me to be still young but this I have to say if once of the first signs of age for me. I just can't recover like I use to! Only about 5 years ago, I use to be out almost every night of the week, go to be between 1 and 2 and up at 6 to workout. My ass can't do that shit no more. Now, if I go out, and have more than 2 drinks, regardless of the hours of sleep I get, I'm groggy and need sometime to get my act together. I went out thursday night, stayed in and worked on Friday, out Saturday, out Sunday, and obviously that was way too much for me cause on Monday, I'm payin for it. Ugh...age.

That's the thing about being 30. Way too old to go to the nightclub without a table, way too young to stay my ass at home, too old to chase any man, too young to give up on meeting someone. And the most important part, work has become a priority that it wasn't in my 20's...I'm way too young to not put the time and focus on making my dreams come true.

As much as I love Jay-Z... 30 is damn different from 20 and that's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment