Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Holla!



I was walking down the street to my fave cafe to get some work done and this porsche with bright red rims pulls up next to me. Immediately, I'm thinking the man is lost and needs directions. But instead he smiles and says "hey".  I smile and say "hi". And then this man take the conversation to the next level with a "Hey". I stop and look at him, SERIOUSLY?? The skater skating by bust out laughing. Stupid man in car gets the idea and drives away.

I'm now compelled to ask.... Does the "hollering" method really work? Men have been doing some variation of this for years. I remember the 1990's, guys from my high school would posted on flyest Toyota Corolla in the group. Or even going as far as planning evenings just to drive around and pick up the cutest chick they come across. I remember me and my best friend where stopped on our way walking home from school by a guy way too old for us who gave both of us his number. We fought for weeks trying to figure out who he really wanted to talk to.

Having my own experiences with this phenomenon, I don't think I've ever came across a couple with the following story:

"Me and Jimmy? It was beautiful, I was walking down the street, he saw my ass, pulled over... and the rest is history".

And men, would you really be interested in a woman who would so easily just stop what she's doing to talk to a stranger? Recently, I did hear a story where a girl was stopped at a stoplight by Gerald Butler but I mean... it was Gerald Butler.

Now, in high school, I did happen to fall for this game a couple times but it didn't get me anywhere that I needed to be. So am I bitter and jaded? Or am I mature and smart?

So now I ask you, does hollering from the car really work? And if there are love stories that started from some man whistling as he drove by, I want to hear them.

And before you start throwing them out there... please know the story doesn't count if it stars a celebrity or a 70,000 car.

No comments:

Post a Comment