Thursday, June 24, 2010

WE'RE ALL SINGLE BECAUSE WE WANT TO



If you haven't ever read VERY SMART BROTHAS you need to. The majority of their posts are wild and always giving a perspective on dating that women usually don't want to hear. Most of the time, they keep me laughing but today's post they got me thinking.

As education deterred us from settling down? The more educated we are, the more opportunities we have, and the more opportunities we have, the farther we reach...so when it comes to dating, are we only looking for the best of the best?

In this post they argue that the problem for educated folks in metropolitan areas is that we don't know how to settle. We are looking for the best of the best in our careers and in our potential mates so when we run into "okay' we move on hoping for something better.

Interesting argument. I have to say I think they are more right with this then wrong. At what point to we learn to stop looking? And more importantly, is it time to look at our individual stock and realize...this is the best it's ever gonna get?

What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I completely concur! Graduate school has probably reduced my probability of finding satisfaction in a partner by 75 percent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently found myself single because my boyfriend and I just want different things in life. But before we broke up, I met this super cool guy in globogirls.com I don't know if we will ever be in love or spend the rest of our lives together, but I am enjoying being with him while I can. My suggestion to anyone doing online dating is be safe, cautious, and honest. I guess that globogirls.com will help you a lot.

    ReplyDelete